TSFactory

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Gadgets - Adidas 1



Ok, I am no runner at all and I do not exercise that much either. But I love gadgets and technology so I HAD to buy one of these. The main problem now is to find one of these shoes here in Ottawa. For some reason Adidas decided to ship only a couple hundred pairs to Canada and worse than that, around twenty something to Ottawa.
After looking for these shoes like crazy I was almost giving up. No one had them in Ottawa. Then I remembered seeing something on a small sign on Bank Street and decided to go there to look around. Voilá, a small store there had them in stock (only a dozen I think) and they told me only two stores in Ottawa were carrying them.
Until that day they had sold not even a single pair, probably giving the price tag on the shoes: CDN$ 404.00, taxes included.
But I had to get one so I took the plunge and bought one. So far, great shoes! They look cool and the fact it has a CPU and batteries on it make them even cooler. :-)
I am not 100% sure how the thing works but you can see for yourself on the Adidas 1 website. Just look for Adidas 1 on Google.
I like them a lot and the automatic cushioning (that according to Adidas is calculated on the fly, real time by the small microprocessor on the shoes, making 5,000,000 calculations per second). I feel like running with a 286 on my feet. :-)
Only time will tell how reliable/robust this thing is and I hope my wife will not wash them the way she does with my other shoes.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Claudio

    Your gadget fetish has gotten out of hand I am still working on the spy watch you sent me and cant get it to work.

    regards
    drmap

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 AM  

  • You are kidding you bought a running shoes fr this price.... You are crazy ahahahah....
    See you!

    By Blogger Mirella Matthiesen (mikix), at 10:33 PM  

  • Hehehe. They are so cool that I thought the $400 was no big deal. :-)

    By Blogger Cláudio Rodrigues, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home