TSFactory

Monday, January 09, 2006

Now I understand...



As I need to make my English speaking readers happy, here we go in English again. :-)

After all these years living in Canada I never got the idea behind owning an SUV (for all Brazilians out there not familiar with the 'SUV' term, it is how we call any car like a Blazer, Jeep Grand Cherokee, BMW X5, etc. It stands for 'Sport Utility Vehicle').

Back in 2004 my wife decided to change her car and got a brand new Jeep Liberty Limited with all the bells and whistles. After driving the Jeep more and more, slowly I started to like the freaking car. The driving position is very high (it is almost like driving a bus) and no matter how bad the weather is, you can ALWAYS go anywhere you want. I know other cars (Audi for example) have AWD (All Wheel Drive, 4x4) but most do not have enough clearance (are not high enough off the ground). The Jeep has the best of both worlds.

After driving around Ottawa this winter I realized how crap my car is on snow, especially on days when it is snowing (like today). As you can see the SUV fever got me and I ended up making up my mind and decided to get an SUV as well. In June I will replace my car and even though my wife already started giving me a hard time on my decision, I will get a Porsche Cayenne. Why a Porsche? Well I do like fast cars. My current car does 0-100km/h in 6.6s (not many family cars seating five can do that as of today). And I developed this taste for SUVs. So I had to find an SUV that is fast. The only option is the Cayenne. :-)

8 Comments:

  • Clódiow, my dear uncle - sais Luiza, Clódiow, my dear brother - sais Fer.

    We really liked to find out about your blog. We hope that that's ok for people of the family to read it. Well, if it wasn't, you probably wouldn't link it in orkut. :)

    Both of us are hipnotized by your very fine writing ("form", says Fernanda, who speaks a very funny macarronic English), and "we are like your POSSÍBLITI about live fat in your last days, when you get older", says Fernanda, and Luiza doesn't correct her because she thinks it was way too funny to be corrected.

    And we would like to send you, "Lee" and the kids hugs and kisses.

    By the way, we are writing in English just to bug you ("and to laugh at my mother's mistakes", says Luiza).

    Fernanda says: "Nós erra mas nós goza."

    PS.: "Gozo" is a great name for a city in Malta.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • Olá, descobri seu blog atraves do Maurício e vim conhecer!!
    Muito útil a apostila que vc fez sobre o Canadá.
    Gostaria de saber como foi a adaptação dos seus filhos no Canadá em questão as lingua e costumes.
    Pois estamos pretendendo ir em março e temos uma filha de 3 anos e me preocupo muito com ela
    Abraços.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:26 PM  

  • Mirella: Quando me mudei meu filho tinha acabado de fazer quatro anos. A adaptação foi extremamente fácil. Crianças, ao contrário de nós adultos, não tem crise com relação ao idioma, novos ambientes, etc. Em seis meses ele já se virava em Inglês e hoje não tem uma pessoa no bairro que não conheça o figura. :-) Fique sossegada com isso.

    By Blogger Cláudio Rodrigues, at 12:27 PM  

  • Ola,
    Tambem moro em Ottawa, mas estou aki soh ha 4 meses...
    Vou adicionar o seu blog e dar uma lida...

    By Blogger Lucianna, at 2:53 PM  

  • Olá Claudio, como está a correria???

    Precisava de sua ajuda referente a dois assuntos:
    1 - Declaração de saida permante
    2 - Investimentos no Canada.

    Devo chegar no Canada em Abril e tenho duvida nestes dois itens, podemos trocar figurinhas em private??

    Abração,
    Flavio Belmonte
    flavio_belmonte@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

  • Oi, Cláudio, obrigada pela visita!
    Qto aos relógios, hehe, tenho um monte do tempo que se usavam baterias, todos inúteis, parados, hahaha. Só um em uso!
    :D
    abração!

    By Blogger Zana, at 2:48 PM  

  • Parabéns!!
    Oi cláudio, adorei seu blog! Realmente muito útil, um dos melhores que já vi! Muito boas dicas e bem divertido! Espero chegar por aí em breve (abril/maio). Não vejo a hora de conhecer esse lugar!
    Abração,

    By Blogger Míriam, at 12:52 PM  

  • Cláudio,

    Muito legal seu blog. Vi que vcs gostam de carrões, hein?
    Estou querendo me mudar com minha família (casal + boy/5 + boy/2). Acho a adaptação deles vai ser fácil. O que eu estou curioso é quanto uma família como a minha gastaria (mês) para ter uma vida média, sem muito luxo, mas sem passar necessidade.

    Obrigado,

    Marcelo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home